Here you can download some scene files and .obj models from the screenshots and videos.
- to open the files in Spacedraw,
- copy the files to the SD-card (or other storage) of your device; for .zip files, first extract them
- start Spacedraw and tap the F on the screen's left
border then open ; the file-browser opens and shows the contents
of the SD-card (or the internal storage)
navigate to the respective .spa, .spah or .obj file and tap it
- the full path of the shown folder is displayed in the header; to navigate to the parent folder, tap the header
- the folders are shown in blue, the files in white/gray; to open a folder or file, tap it
- to navigate back, tap back in the ribbon
- to zoom and resize the file-browser panel, read about the interface elements in the manual
also see the chapter about Starting, saving and loading scenes and models in the manual.
to change the view and navigate within the scene, read the First steps,
- loading large scenes with a big history may take several seconds, during which Spacedraw is unresponsive
a large scene was previously loaded, Spacedraw may run out of memory so
that errors occur even if the scene to load is not to large; in this
case, first invoke new scene from the F -menu, then exit (via exit , not by using the back- or home key) and restart the application.
to change the display options like shading, wireframe, textures, lighting, use the entries in the D -menu, and read about Controlling object-display in the manual
to browse the construction-history
- also try enabling Antialiasing in the Preferences to smooth the wireframe; it will only work on newer/better devices
- using x-ray in large scenes like the tower-scene requires much performance and changing the view may become very unsteady
- open the history-list by sliding into the screen over the green line at the right border a little way
tap an entry to load that state
- you can scroll the list by dragging or flinging, or by using the scrollbar
- to zoom and resize the panel, read about the interface elements in the manual
also see the chapter about Undo and history in the manual
- loading a state may take some time during which Spacedraw is unresponsive, if the state has to be loaded from the disc
- note that the texture-images of the painting-history are not included, and
Spacedraw may not find the final images itself if you use the files with
history; in this case, use the files without history, or locate the
textures using the material-panel, see Using images in the manual
download all files except the tower with history in one .zip file or the individual files below:
scene file with textures
This scene uses many large textures, so it requires a lot of memory.
It will open only on devices with at least ca. 512MB RAM (e.g., on the
old 7'' Samsung Galaxy Tab, but not the old Motorola Droid with 256MB).
However, you can then possibly open it without the textures by first
deleting the image files (e.g. it opens on the old Motorola Droid
without problems (without the history))
The scene with history is very large, and since the history is copied
to the device's internal storage when opening the file, an error will
occur if the space doesn't suffice.
scene file with textures